Construction accounts for 9% of the EU’s GDP and employs 18m people. It’s also one of the least digitalised industries in Europe. This Sifted Talks will explore why the sector has been so resistant to change and how startups and established construction players can build a better industry.
We’ll be discussing
- What can construction tech learn from Katerra’s collapse?
- Which areas of construction have the most to gain from digital transformation?
- Construction is known for its lack of digital skills — what role do startups play in turning this around?
- Patric Hellermann | General partner, Foundamental
- Tara Mirkovic | SEED program associate, Leonard
- Ieva Sibilla Strupule | Cofounder & CEO, Material Mapper
For recommended reading prior to the panel, please see our recently published Construction Tech report conducted by Sifted and available here.