One of the finalists, AI Clearing (United States), a platform for monitoring the progress of infrastructure works, based on geospatial data and powered by artificial intelligence, is one of the 10 projects supported by Leonard’s CATALYST programme this year.
The emerging Contech ecosystem
Since the first edition of the competition in 2017 until today, more than 2,000 startups are already shaping the Contech ecosystem, identified through the world’s largest challenge for construction startups. At Leonard, we are convinced that the products, services and new business models of this set of technologies are a decisive asset to build cheaper, more sustainable and safer.
“Contech is emerging as a leading technology sector in Europe. France, in particular, offers many opportunities for new players: the sector is actively seeking solutions that will enable it to reduce its environmental footprint, improve the safety of workers and optimise the productivity of our construction sites. Leonard supports the development of fifty projects and innovative companies per year and their cooperation with the businesses from VINCI “, Julien Villalongue, Managing Director of Leonard
“It has taken time and sacrifice, but we made it. ConTech is now in the eyes of all of us who seek to make things differently in this industry and promote a true revolution. The accelerated digitalization of construction, forced in part by the sudden arrival of the pandemic, and the desire to innovate in all processes along the construction value chain continues to make this competition one of the most relevant in the industry and the perfect scenario for entrepreneurs in the sector,” expressed Gonzalo Galindo, Head of CEMEX Ventures and creator of Construction Startup Competition.
The ten winners of the 5th edition of the Construction Startup Competition 2021
The five categories of the 2021 competition were: carbon footprint mitigation, supply chain management, construction site and built environment efficiency, advanced construction materials and new construction methods.
- AI Clearing (United States)- Saas platform that integrates seamlessly several data sources into BI systems to provide digital insights.
- Document Crunch (United States)- AI-powered software to identify and explain critical issues in construction contracts.
- hyperTunnel (United Kingdom)- Patented new method to build and renew tunnels and underground infrastructures.
- Nodes & Links (United Kingdom)- AI-based platform to create smart machines to automate project management.
- Presien (Australia)- AI vision systems to free heavy industries from the risks that threaten the safety of their people and business.
- ProcurePro (Australia)- Digital subcontractor procurement platform to close the digital gap between bids & commitments.
- RatedPower (Spain)- Cloud-based software to carry out the design and engineering of utility-scale solar photovoltaic plants.
- Schüttflix (Germany)- Platform to order, transport, deliver and dispose bulk material 100% digitally.
- SIDCODX (Chile)- Data collection system to automate critical construction site activities such as concrete poured and formwork.
- WASTEBOX (Austria)- Digital waste management platform to automatically connect customers with the right disposal partner for their project
The 10 finalists of the competition will present their projects at the Builtworlds Venture Conference on 11 November in Miami.
To go further…