Leonard has been leading a strong community of innovators for almost 6 years. They come from a variety of backgrounds and have been playing a growing part in the transformation of construction, mobility, energy and real estate. VINCI’s foresight and innovation platform runs four acceleration and support programs to help start-ups, employees and Group entities succeed in their entrepreneurial projects.
Download the press kit to discover the 45 innovative 2023 projects.
The juries made of VINCI executives and Leonard partner investors have selected 43 projects focusing on the environment, safety, productivity and competitiveness of VINCI’s companies and activities.
The variety of projects mirrors the creativity of the entrepreneurs working in VINCI’s areas of expertise:
- Reduction of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Construction project management
- Renewable energy (wave, solar and wind power, geothermal) and nuclear power
- Energy efficiency and mass deployment of heat pumps
- Carbon capture and climate tech
- Innovative construction materials
- Construction project and construction site management
- Targeted delivery of construction materials
- Digital twin
- 3D printing in construction
Julien Villalongue, Leonard’s Managing Director: “We are very excited to support these 43 new projects at Leonard. Reducing the environmental impact of construction and energy activities motivates more than half of our projects. This illustrates the great responsiveness of entrepreneurs to the current events and their alignment with the environmental ambition that VINCI has set as its strategic objective.”
Four ambitious programs to meet the challenges of transforming the businesses of cities and infrastructure
Leonard’s four acceleration and support programs are open to startups, innovative companies, VINCI employees and companies from the Group that are determined to play their part in the transformation of the businesses of construction, mobility, energy and real estate.
- The SEED program supports early stage startups for 6 months, to help them get off the ground, grow and find funding for their projects. The 2023 cohort will include 10 projects. They will receive a €30,000 capital injection, training leading to certification delivered by the Stanford Center for Professional Development, one or more internal VINCI mentors, a network of external experts and contacts with our network of investors. This 6-month intensive program will end with a Demo Day open to investors and decision-makers from the VINCI Group.
> Discover the selection of the 4th cohort of the SEED program
- The CATALYST program helps more mature innovative companies deploy their products and services in partnership with VINCI Group companies. The 2023 cohort will include 10 of these companies. They will enjoy preferential access to VINCI executives and Leonard will be by their side from their first meeting to the time they sign a contract.
> Discover the selection of the 4th cohort of the CATALYST program
- The Intrapreneurs program supports innovative projects initiated by VINCI employees. The goal is to foster new business opportunities within the Group. This program has fast-tracked 64 projects since its inception in 2018, and 17 new business ventures have emerged within VINCI as a result. In 2023, the seventh iteration of the program will onboard 9 teams.
> Discover the selection of the 7th cohort of the Intrapreneurs program
- The AI Program aims to identify and develop projects using AI technologies, with a high return on investment for the business units of the Group. It is designed to help business units of the group to initiate and develop their AI strategy to maintain or increase their competitiveness in the future. After supporting 36 projects since its inception in 2020, the AI program will support 14 new endeavours in 2023.
> Discover the selection of the 4th cohort of the course Artificial Intelligence